Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13- Something or Someone that has had a huge impact on your life.

I'll go with the someone here and say it's my husband, Nick. He has made such a huge impact on my life. Part of me wanted to talk about my grandaddy ( who raised me ) since he was a major influence on me. It's true that who I am is certainly a result of how he raised me and the things I learned from him but I wanted to point out how Nick has affected me also.

I always dreamed about having a wonderful husband and family and after what I went through in my first marriage, I wondered if my dream was even possible. I wondered what God had planned for my life. And I wondered how could a man love me and my son after what we'd endured. And then God sent me Nick. Dakota was a year old already and the first time he said "dada" he said it to Nick. I took that as a sign from God. We had only ever tried to teach Dakota to say "Nick".

Nick has changed both of our lives for the better. He loves us both and treats us so good. He works hard to provide for us and we never go without. That's a far cry from my first husband. Nick has never hit me. The most important thing to me, however, is that Dakota loves him. I wanted a daddy for Dakota that would love him and would treat him as his own son and Nick has done that. I hope that Nick will be able to do more with him and teach him things that sons learn from their fathers. They are a lot alike too. I tell Dakota when he reminds me of Nick, "Y'all are 2 peas in a pod." And he says "We aren't peas, mama!" Ha!

Anyway, it also certainly helps that I really love Nick and I feel real love from him. We have been together for  nearly 6 years and married for 2 years this month. Even after being together so long, I still get butterflies in my tummy when I think about him and when I get to see him. He works at night and has to sleep during the day. His schedule is so crazy that we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like. It sure makes me miss him but it does make me savor the time we do have together. Dakota misses him too. He whines after Nick goes to work or if he is asleep when we get home in the evening. It' bittersweet to have to see that.

But at the end of the day, I am happy and I love my family and I believe they are happy too. Dakota and Nick mean the world to me. I am so grateful that God gave them both to me. Nick was able to give Dakota and I a better life and the love we both needed! Yay for my Nick!


And ain't he cute?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! He sounds like a wonderful man, and you and your sweet boy deserve him. I love what he said about not being peas. So cute!

    ReplyDelete