Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 4- Favorite Book

Ok It's also hard for me to choose a favorite book. I can say some books  I will always love are The Toll Bridge, Wicked, The Giver, Mary Reilly, and A child called "It". But I have read 3 books fairly recently that I consider to be my current favorites. They are...

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
It's by Amy Chua, who I follow on Twitter and she actually followed me back and has tweeted me on a couple of occasions. It's a controversial book but I quite enjoyed it. I loved how honest it was and it really opened my eyes to some changes I needed to make with raising my own son. I learned I needed to stop make excuses for him and start expecting more. I think it has really helped me!



A Stolen Life
This is Jacee Dugard's story of her kidnapping and captivity for 18 years. It's a heartbreaking story. I cried and cried and yet I just couldn't put it down. It reminded me what a blessing Dakota is for me and made me worry what I would do if something like that ever happened to him. I really just can't imagine how I could survive without him.



The Help
A novel by Kathryn Stockett about black maids working for white families in the south. I just finished this book about 2 weeks ago. It was so good, I just can't even do it justice. I think everyone should read the book and then go and see the movie. To sum it up, it made me laugh, cry and think about how far we have come as people in treating each other equally. Just fabulous.



And those are my favorite books. If you haven't read them, well, you should! 


No comments:

Post a Comment